Wednesday 26 February 2014

Nelly Khosrovyan - Interview

I had the great opportunity to interview Nelly Khosrovyan, an Armenian metal singer who had the chance to take part on the TV program X-Factor, in its version for Armenia. Nelly has two songs released, one of them you can listen on the video below this interview.


1- Nelly, tell us a little about your career as a singer.
Though I have started to sing recently, I have been composing songs and melodies ever since my childhood.I remember I was a 4 year-old child when I first saw the piano and put my fingers on the keyboard .It was a love at first sight. Till now the world of music is magical for me. I work on my songs with different musicians and plan a duet with an Armenian singer for the next year.

2- Why Metal?
I didn't choose Metal, it was the Metal who found me. I write my songs without even think about the style and at the end its always metal and I don't know how.


3- How is the metal scene in Armenia?
Well, I can say that here, like in many other countries there is too much Pop music on TV , whereas rock and metal are underground.That's why Armenians don't know much about rock and metal music but they do really understand and appreciate the good rock songs and all we have to do is to keep on creating


4- In your songs, do you talk about your beliefs?
Yes, the lyrics of all my songs are right from my soul. No word is written only just for the melody.


5- Can you tell us any curious and interesting information about your country?
Of course I can! Armenia is the first country that adopted the Christianity as its state religion and it is the first land that Noah have seen after the deluge.


6- What's your goal as a musician?
My goal is to sing out all the songs that I have in my mind!


7- What singers did influence you?
I think I am influenced by Jim Morrison and the singers of the bands ''Depeche mode'' and ''Animals''.


8- In your opinion, what are the current best bands and/or singers?
The current best bands and singers are as always Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Deep Purple, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Nightwish,Megadeth, Judas Priest, Opeth, our System of a down, Epica(though I'm not a fan of them ), Iron Maiden, Within Temptation and very recently I have found 2 interesting bands ''Sins of thy beloved'' with their ''Lake of Sorrow'' and the band ''Twilight Symphony''.

9- What do you listen besides metal?
Besides metal I listen to hard rock and classics.

10- Share with us some good Armenian bands or musicians, please.
Ok! All time Armenian musicians - Komitas (a great composer), Aram Khachatryan, Arno Babadjanyan,Tigran Mansuryan, Ruben Hakhverdyan, Artur Meshchyan, Robert Amirkhanyan, Arto Tunjboyajyan ... Current rock bands -Empyray, Ayas, Divahar , Dorians and Dogma are the best at the moment

Nelly's page on Last FM

Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment